It’s getting to be that time again. Since about Christmas, I’ve done a decent amount of work on the novel; minor edits and corrections, more substantial revisions, and writing necessary scenes that only existed in note form. Since I don’t work on chapters in chronological order, it’s easy to forget what I’ve changed or written. The novel is a lengthy one, and I’ve mentioned before how buying proof copies proves more economical in the long run. Even though I got my last proof at the very beginning of December, I’m already in need of another.
I’m looking forward to this one. Reading the important changes I made on paper, instead of a computer screen, will be beneficial; easier to read, proof, and polish. Last time out, I tried a glossy cover instead of matte. Scratches became visible very quickly, and the laminate was peeling from the book edge on the back cover.
I decided to change the colors. Instead of a black background with gold text, I’ve moved to blue with silver. This next proof, which I’ll order in about ten days, will be matte. There’s still a lot to be done with the manuscript, but I continue to make headway.